That oversized case of cheap beer might not entice everyone during the big game festivities.
Score major points by pre-bottling a six-pack or two of strong, reliable cocktail choices like the Manhattan, Negroni or Brown Derby. You’ll save yourself the hassle of lugging mixing equipment along in your trunk, and your cocktail-minded friends will finally have drinks of their own to stick in their koozies.
The inherent beauty of pre-batched, bottled cocktails? They’re easy to serve to big groups, consistent in flavor and ready-to-drink without extra ice. That ease and consistency is exactly why so many upscale craft cocktail bars have embraced the bottled trend—one that continues to soar in the new year.
Blaze a fresh trail for your game-time tailgate by bottling your own six-pack of cocktails in easy-open, 8.5 ounce swingtop bottles. Keep your eye on this potent starting lineup: Each bottle holds a double serving of a cocktail.That means you’ll buy fewer bottles and your friends will spend more time watching the game instead of hitting the cooler.
Some helpful tips for bottling cocktails:
- Don’t bottle too far ahead. It’s best to consume bottled cocktails within a couple days.
- Use swingtop bottles to eliminate the need for special bottle caps and a crown capper.
- Stay on the spirit-heavy side with classics like Manhattans, Negronis, Old Fashioneds, etc.
- Try to avoid bottling shaken drinks and anything made with dairy or egg whites.
- The same generally goes for citrus, unless you’re drinking the cocktail the same day.
- Dilute your cocktails with water to taste while batching.
- Chill the bottles well in the fridge or on ice before serving.