Here are the 10 most expensive bicycles in the world.
01. The Most Expensive Extreme Mountain Bike in the World”. The 24K Gold Extreme Mountain Bike.
02. The bike is apparently made from leather, precious metal as well as synthetic diamonds. It has a stylized disc over the back wheel and for some strange reason it features a cross on the saddle of the seat along with very fake looking diamonds. (tumblr.com)
03. For a chic take on splashing the cash on two wheels, look no further than French high fashion house Hermès. Launched at the end of 2013, Le Flâneur, pictured here, and its sister model Le Flâneur sportif, each include bull calf leather saddles, a shock absorbing frame, luggage rack supports and the option of eight or 11 integrated rear wheel hub gears. (tumblr.com)
04. The stylish Italian bike manufacturer Montante has thrown its weight into the gold-plating business, producing this, a classic ladies-about-town bike, finished with the now-ubiquitous 24k gold plating and 11,000 Swarovski crystals.
With a pedigree for making elegant and expensive bikes, this Montante comes with some chic accessories as well; a saddle, bike pump and chain covered in python skin, and the mudguards are made from stem-bent birch covered with elm lacquered leaves. (montantecicli)
05. Five years in development, M55’s flagship model hybrid first appeared at the Top Marques supercar show in Monaco in 2011 – a fitting place for a bike as tech as this. Made from an aluminium frame and with air shocks at the rear, braking comes courtesy of Formula One technology in the shape of Brembo floating disc brakes, front and back.
Starting from $35,200, the Terminus gives an electric assist to pedal action and a built-in rotation sensor detects when the rider needs a helping hand. Aimed primarily at off-road use, its max speed is 42mph. (55-bike.com)
06. Sold at auction at Sothebys in New York in 2009 to raise money for the LiveStrong cancer charity, this Trek Modane model, known as Butterfly thanks to the hundreds of real butterflies adorning its frame and wheels, became the world’s most expensive bike when it sold for $500,000.
Ridden by disgraced Lance Armstrong in the final stage of 2009’s Tour de France and designed by Damien Hirst, the bike caused controversy due to the artist’s use of real butterflies. The Trek Butterfly is just one of several Trek bikes that have sold for huge sums at auction over the years.
I guess this throws what our friends at Unbound thought was the world’s most expensive bike right out the window! (unboundlife.com)
07. Trek tapped Japanese artist Yoshimoto Narra for a project and this bike is the product of that partnership. Narra, a known punk soul who likes to draw images of children showing negative facial expressions, made that tendency clear with the Trek bike that bears his name. Made for extreme competition, this Trek bike boasted of carbon fiber frame, making it light weight and fast. The Trek X Yoshimoto Narra was created to honor Lance Armstrong, who survived cancer in the late 2000s.
08. The Trek Madone 7 Diamonds is a rare specimen among mountain bikes. This was the same model used by Lance Armstrong when he won his seventh Tour de France title. Ganging up to create this historic mountain bike were Nike, Trek Bikes, Alan Friedman and Lenny Futura. All parties joined together to give Armstrong a bike intended for winners and it never failed. Aside from its rich history, the Trek Madone-7 Diamond is embedded with real diamonds, 307 to be exact.
09. The Auramania Crystal Edition Gold mountain bike is a plush creation intended for those who want to ride and conquer trails and roads in luxury. The frame is crafted from 24k karat gold and is decorated with 600 sparkling Swarovski crystals at the crossbar. The seat is also another high class feature. Made of fine leather, it gives the wearer a very comfortable ride regardless of terrain.There are only 10 Auramania Crystal Edition Gold Bikes in the world, thus making it a very valuable and sought after item especially among mountain bike die hards.
10. The Aurumania Gold Bicycle Gem release is plated and very nearly totally plated with the 24 karat gol directly down to spokes. The Rivulets seat is likewise made with finest calfskin; and the hand sewn handlebar grasps are additionally produced using the chocolate tan cowhide. The numbered symbol is made of the high review calfskin. This top of line bicycle is called Precious stone release in light of the fact that it is improved with 600 Khabarovsk gems directly down to gem encrusted Aurmania brand name the embellished along crossbar in Braille. The Precious stone release is without a doubt world’s most unmanageable bike, and to add to esteem is reality that it is a constrained version thing.